ATM & Debit Card Services
- Free ATM at the CU
- Lost or stolen Debit/ATM card
- Debit Card Guide
- Be safe & secure — protect yourself from identity theft & fraud
- We have a 24/7 ATM for cash withdrawals at the CU!
- Withdrawals are FREE to members using their Genesee CO-OP FCU debit card.
- For all other cards, the fee is $1.50.
Lost or stolen Debit/ATM card
To report your debit card lost or stolen or suspect fraudulent activity, please immediately call: 1-800-543-5073. Thank You!
Debit Card Guide
Follow these simple hints to get the most from your Debit Card:
- If your Debit Card is lost or stolen call 1-800-543-5073 or 1-800-453-4270 as soon as possible.
- Keep your card in a safe place. Know where it is AT ALL TIMES!
- When you receive your new or re-issued card, please be sure to activate it promptly. If you do not activate within 30 days, you should contact the CU as we may have put a hold on the card to protect it from being lost or stolen.
- Do not write your PIN number on the card or keep it with the card.
- When using your Debit Card for purchases, always select CREDIT for the card type.
- Record your ATM withdrawals and Debit Card purchases in your check register. Just like a check, it may take several days for Debit Card purchases to be withdrawn from your account.
- Each time your card is used, an authorization hold is placed against your available balance. These authorization holds may prevent you from making additional Debit Card purchases or cash withdrawals. An Overdraft Line-of-Credit may help you with situations where money is held by the vendor.
- When using your card in foreign countries, the amount charged to your account will reflect the exchange rates and fees applicable at the time of posting. Please let us know if you will be traveling out of the country.
- Look for the MasterCard network logo.
- Always select CHECKING as the account type.
- Remember, GCFCU charges a $1.00 fee for each ATM cash withdrawal unless you are using our ATM at the CU which is FREE. There may be an additional surcharge fee by the owner of the ATM. MOST local Credit Unions do not assess additional surcharges for other CU's.
- There is an additional $3.00 transaction fee at foreign ATMs.
- Foreign purchase or ATM transactions are subject to a 1% Currency Conversion Fee.
- Do not rely on the Balance Inquiry function at an ATM to get an accurate checking account balance.
- The maximum daily ATM cash withdrawal limit is $400. Some machines will have a lower limit.
- The maximum daily number of Point of Sale (POS) transactions is 10 and $5,000.
- Account balances are updated periodically during the work day. Deposits left in the deposit drop safe or made at the Credit Union will not be instantly available for use with your debit card. This may take a few hours.
- If you believe a Debit Card transaction has been posted to your account in error or may be fraud, contact the Credit Union immediately.
- You can change your Debit Card pin number by calling 1-866-297-3411.
- You will need:
- Debit Card Number
- Zip Code
- Current PIN
- Follow the prompts. Your new PIN is effective immediately.
- Your Debit Card needs to be protected by you AT ALL TIMES. Please always know where it is and ensure that no one else is using it.
- One type of Debit Card FRAUD is that employees at legitimate businesses take cards and swipe them through a "card reader." An employee could even be paid to do this. The card number is then sold or in effect "hacked."
- There are also Skimming Devices that can be installed illegally on ATM machines. This is a counterfeit card reader or PIN reading camera to obtain the information needed to use the card fraudulently.
- Your information can be stolen thru the following methods:
- PHISHING — a bogus email requesting your personal information
- VISHING — a computer or real voice requesting information
- SPYWARE — software installed on your computer without your consent to control or monitor your use
- THEFT of YOUR MAIL — incoming and outgoing mail from your mailbox can be used for ID theft
- DO NOT divulge personal information such as account number, social security number, date of birth, PIN #, Debit/Credit Card # to anyone unless necessary and NEVER RESPOND to a PHONE CALL or EMAIL requesting you to "VERIFY" YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- SHRED ALL DOCUMENTS with your personal/financial information on them prior to discarding them.
- DO NOT PUT ITEMS IN YOUR MAILBOX — put them in postal box.
- DO NOT WRITE YOUR NAME in your RETURN ADDRESS — use only the address.
- TRY TO KEEP YOUR DEBIT CARD in sight when paying for purchases.